Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may be a dumb question but here goes..
I have found several limited commanders that I like.. only problem... No factory Navigation..

Is the REC a plug and play deal as long as I get the antenna and bezel also?
Also is the Sirius Tuner built in to the REC or what do I need to have factory Sirius radio?
I was thinking that all Limiteds come with factory Sirius..I may be wrong..

I was not sure if the Jeep needed factory installed wiring or programming that a non-factory Nav Commander would not have..

Thanks

I know they sell them on EbaY and such but wasnt sure if they were for people that were having problems or needed a replacement for their current REC...

·
Registered
127 Posts
I purchased a an 07 Limited two months ago that did not have the factory navigation.
I have since purchased the rec radio/nav unit from ebay, ordered the bezel from the dealer($95.00) and had them install the unit for another $100.00 with tax it came to
$216.25. Everything is under the bumper to bumper warranty. You can purchase the unit for under $1.000 on ebay, some are refurbished but some are either new or just taken out of a new vehicle for an upgrade. The Sirius tuner works just like it did in the other radio. good luck.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Check the for sale section, one of our members has one currently for sale.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the sirius tuner is a separate unit already in the commander limited?

I dont have a commander yet but I am looking for one and just dont want to limit myself because of no factory Navigation..

thanks

Jim

·
Registered
717 Posts
milkman said:
so the sirius tuner is a separate unit already in the commander limited?

I dont have a commander yet but I am looking for one and just dont want to limit myself because of no factory Navigation..

thanks

Jim
The Sirius tuner is separate from the H/U

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nav unit is plug and play. Only thing you have to do is add the GPS antenna. As far as Satelite. The tuner and antenna is seperate and is located under the second row seat near the Final Drive Control module. The new 08 commander has the satelite tuner built into the radio itself and the antenna is incorporated into the fm antenna. If the radio says Sirrus on the front it is satellite equipped.

If anyone has any questions on Mopar Accessory installs you can hit me up. I have installed basically everything they offer myself from Radios, Remote starts, Satelitte, the overhead DVD players. I Have access to ALL wiring diagrams Instructions, Diagnostic flow charts you name it. Just dont flood me with requests. I am a very busy person.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
neongts said:
If anyone has any questions on Mopar Accessory installs you can hit me up. I have installed basically everything they offer myself from Radios, Remote starts, Satelitte, the overhead DVD players. I Have access to ALL wiring diagrams Instructions, Diagnostic flow charts you name it. Just dont flood me with requests. I am a very busy person.
I need the correct bolts/screws (?) for mounting my Factory DVD monitor. I rigged it becase the parts guy couldn't locate the part number but I need the two screws that hide under the remote and what ever they go in to. Can you help me with parts or part numbers? Thanks and Welcome.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry, I checked the parts catalog and unfortunately they are not servicable parts meaning that the don't have part numbers avaliable for them. If I recall they are just phillips screws approx .5" in lenght that go into a metal spring clip. Ive replaced overhead monitors and they come with the screws already mounted to the spring clips so when you install the monitor you just push hard to engage the spring clips.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Thats my problem, what spring clips do I need to use?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Just purchased an 07 Sport, it does not have auto headlight and the lever. Can a lever be added to the existing wiring? Also where can I find the lever?

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
PeterM said:
I purchased a an 07 Limited two months ago that did not have the factory navigation.
I have since purchased the rec radio/nav unit from ebay, ordered the bezel from the dealer($95.00) and had them install the unit for another $100.00 with tax it came to
$216.25. Everything is under the bumper to bumper warranty. You can purchase the unit for under $1.000 on ebay, some are refurbished but some are either new or just taken out of a new vehicle for an upgrade. The Sirius tuner works just like it did in the other radio. good luck.
Unless you somehow got that in writing, I doubt that your factory navigation system purchased on ebay is under the factory warranty. Maybe they gave you a warranty on their installation, but I don't see how they could warranty the navigation unit itself when it was purchased on ebay. If your dealer (or another Jeep dealer) enters your VIN into its system, they'll quickly see that your Commander didn't come with navigation, and will be within their rights to deny you warranty coverage on your navigation system.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
milkman said:
This may be a dumb question but here goes..
I have found several limited commanders that I like.. only problem... No factory Navigation..

Do yourself a big favor and look into aftermarket in-dash navigation systems. They are less expensive than OEM navigation systems and they outperform them also. They also look like factory navigation systems and are available with wiring harnesses that make them plug-n-play.

Check out the Eclipse AVN-5510 or AVN-6610 for an example of a superior navigation system that looks like OEM, but works much better for about half the cost of the factory navigation option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts