Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Needed headrest dvd's for my wifes ride. Nothin fancy or expensive. I found these on ebay from xtrons and they are model HD903. Unhooked the seat covers at the bottom (along the length) and unscrewed the plastic right and left bottom ends of each seat. Connected input of one to output of the other and vice versa. For power i picked up a cig lighter plug with a long cord from radio shack with on off switch and ran it to the rear port. Might do a more permanent hookup sometime down the road. Only used them once watching movies. You can watch same movie on both or each its own. Headsets seemed to work fine BUT at this price you would expect these things are just a little quirky . . and they are. Not the way they play movies but first off the instructions are in broken english, the remotes have 1billion buttons, are tiny and are impossible to read (so far I have found the a/v in/out, the headphone on/off and the play/ff/rw/pause buttons. Also from what I have heard the games that come with them are also "quirky" but i have not tried them yet. I'm sure my kids will figure it out.
Oh also, they are grey "pleather" and my seats are cloth and they have to rest in the lower most position and will not stay up. But they do tilt to angle the view. ENJOY
http://cgi.ebay.com/XTRONS-HD903-2-X-9-CAR-HEADREST-SD-DVD-PLAYERS-BLACK-/300516379687?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f82c0c27

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did it cost and how's the video quality?
Sorry..Just posted the ebay link. They were like $240. Anyone looking at these make sure your looking at the listing that includes the wireless headphones. As far as video quality i thought it was great and have no problem but an expert or someone who watches very high end equipment might think its junk. I have seen much much worse. I do know that it's a tft screen. You can find more info on the xtrons website.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks really good. Not bad at all for the price.

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts