Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed the "Quick Struts" (complete front shock & spring assembly)?

Any brand recommendations? Monroe, Rancho

(no lift. no rock crawling in the near future. 150k miles, no history on previous shock maintenance)
I don't believe I have any sag, but my last set of tires got cupped over time.

I saw a few post out here where they were installed, couldn't find anything negative on this site.
Mostly 3.7 commanders.

I did come across some negativity on other sites for some cheap brand of Quick Struts, like spring rod diameter and fit.

I'm PB blasting the clevis bolt/bushing every day.........

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have them on my 2006 3.7 with Rocky Road lift and they are great. The Commander rides great with them and the lift does not seem to affect anything negatively. Planning on doing the same to my 06 4.7 as soon as I sell the 3.7.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Has anybody installed the "Quick Struts" (complete front shock & spring assembly)?

Any brand recommendations? Monroe, Rancho

(no lift. no rock crawling in the near future. 150k miles, no history on previous shock maintenance)
I don't believe I have any sag, but my last set of tires got cupped over time.

I saw a few post out here where they were installed, couldn't find anything negative on this site.
Mostly 3.7 commanders.

I did come across some negativity on other sites for some cheap brand of Quick Struts, like spring rod diameter and fit.

I'm PB blasting the clevis bolt/bushing every day.........
From what I have found there are two types of Monroe quick struts

Economy
181377L
181377R

Original ride quality
171377R
171377L

Price difference is about $20 each side

1 - 5 of 5 Posts