Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Cool, nice clean install.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Does the unit still detect ok since it is tucked away in that pocket behind all that metal? I'm not familiar with that particular model so I didn't know if it has remote antennas or if it does laser, etc. Seems like that would effect your range if it does not have remote sensors. Also where is it getting power from?

I mounted mine off the bottom of the light sensor camera that hangs below the rearview mirror then routed the power cable underneath the headliner along the windshield down to the fuse box (hidden out of sight). I will have to post some pics.

·
Registered
184 Posts
setsail98 said:
The remote antenna is in the grille.
The laser is in front of the rearview mirror.
Sweet, So what brand is that if you don't mind me asking? Also, where is it getting power? Batteries?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Only 1 radar detector I would buy. Valentine one. I know it works from personal experience and it tells you how many, where they are at etc. It is expensive but I know it is guaranteed to work. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Oh. Mine is just a wide open hole. Sometimes I put my wallet up there on longer road trips. Does everyone have the spot under the driver visor?
I hide a door opener up there since we didnt get the homelink.

·
Registered
137 Posts
rooney2oons said:
Oh. Mine is just a wide open hole. Sometimes I put my wallet up there on longer road trips. Does everyone have the spot under the driver visor?
I hide a door opener up there since we didnt get the homelink.
Yeah, it's great for hiding the Zen (MP3) player!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just ordered a BELTRONICS RX65 PRO to replace my old Vector 945. It's got very good reviews, including the site mentioned above. I ordered directly from Beltronics and they gave me an $80 trade in value for my old radar. I have 30 days to send back once I receive the new unit. I believe they also give credit for other brands. You must order over the phone. My old radar was broke anyway so this was a great deal for me. More info at http://www.beltronicspro.com/belprotradein.html

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have the solo S2 which runs on batteries. It does not need to plug into anything so I really like the cable free look. I ran it on the first set of batteries from San Diego to San Antonio and back then ocassionally several weeks afterwards before I needed to change the two AA's.

I also considered the Valentine due to its rear detection capability.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts