Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked around and couldnt find a answer to my question about the radiator cooling fan for my 2006 Hemi Commander.
Currently my fan i stuck in low speed and nothing seems to ever make it go into high. My ac system is constantly over heating and purging all of my coolant and I'm now on my 3rd recharge this summer for lack of ac. There are no found leaks on the system and today while charging the ac it spiked up to 500psi while on the machine. I looked through my manual for relay and fuse locations and they say they are in the fuse box under the hood but those slots are empty so my question is where are the relays located on the commander if they are not in the fuse box?? I'm going to be taking to the mechanic this week to have it hooked up to a scanner and see what they can find but if its a bad relay I can get swapped and save the money I would rather do it myself.
Any info on how this system is ran would be great!

·
Super Moderator
5,792 Posts
I've looked around and couldnt find a answer to my question about the radiator cooling fan for my 2006 Hemi Commander.
Currently my fan i stuck in low speed and nothing seems to ever make it go into high. My ac system is constantly over heating and purging all of my coolant and I'm now on my 3rd recharge this summer for lack of ac. There are no found leaks on the system and today while charging the ac it spiked up to 500psi while on the machine. I looked through my manual for relay and fuse locations and they say they are in the fuse box under the hood but those slots are empty so my question is where are the relays located on the commander if they are not in the fuse box?? I'm going to be taking to the mechanic this week to have it hooked up to a scanner and see what they can find but if its a bad relay I can get swapped and save the money I would rather do it myself.
Any info on how this system is ran would be great!
2006commander5.7;

Welcome to the forum;

Please post a proper introduction before you start posting your problems.

If you have any questions, read this;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/89-new-member-section/63025-new-member-introduction-post-please-read-before-posting.html

Thanks.

Now that being said; this link may point you in the right direction, I hope it helps you.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/10-electronics-nav-discussion/55657-junction-block-explained.html

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
The fan on the 5.7 is driven by the power steering pump - hydraulic fan not electric.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts