Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping you guys have some experience with the date codes used by Chrysler? I have removed the Radio Nav unit from my '07 Commander. I was told by the previous owner that the unit had been dealer installed last year and there is a hand written sticker dated 1/11/16 along with a tech's initials and a code of JJ. The date code on the factory sticker from Chrysler (which is the one I am interested in) reads 0888.

Do any of you guys know how to decipher that code? I expected to find information on the net for decoding but have come up empty.

Thanks (and now that the posting handcuffs have been removed, I'll post an introduction in the New Member section)

Best

Luke

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I'm hoping you guys have some experience with the date codes used by Chrysler? I have removed the Radio Nav unit from my '07 Commander. I was told by the previous owner that the unit had been dealer installed last year and there is a hand written sticker dated 1/11/16 along with a tech's initials and a code of JJ. The date code on the factory sticker from Chrysler (which is the one I am interested in) reads 0888.

Do any of you guys know how to decipher that code? I expected to find information on the net for decoding but have come up empty.

Thanks (and now that the posting handcuffs have been removed, I'll post an introduction in the New Member section)

Best

Luke
Luke,

I came across a couple of things concerning a 4 digit radio/date code for Chrysler/Jeep radios that suggests the date code you are referring to is some kind of Security/PIN number for your specific radio; the number itself has no meaning, it's just a unique identifier - just like a security PIN number for your ATM card.

You can read more here;

RES Radio Security Code

jeep grand cherokee code radio - Discussion on Topix

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts