Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, So I have a 06 commander and about 3 days ago out of no where the rear speakers complety shut down. Front speakers are working. I had a somewhat similar problem a few months back but I lost all sound complety. I had just popped out the 1st fuse and put it rite back in and everything came back to life allthough that is no longer working. I had checked the fuse under the hood (28) and dbl checked the 1st one in the panel and they look to be fine. I tryed to get to the amp but holy crap it seems like a nightmare ... ( does the 3rd row seat have to be removed btw? ) couldnt figure it out.
Im going to try to unplug the connections tomorrow and clean them off with a wire brush but they seemed to look fine to me. Didnt look wet or signs of water.
Any help would be great ... im going nuts looking online!!!!!

PS: forgot to mention when i shut the car off i sometimes will here a single pop come from the front speakers. Just one.

·
Super Moderator
5,796 Posts
The popping you said you are hearing in one of your front speakers when you shut the vehicle off screams of an amplifier issue - you shouldn't be hearing that.

I would say check all of your speaker connections coming out of the factory amp; make sure they are all connected snugly and properly.

I'd check the wires & connections going to your rear speakers as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts