Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have both been driving our Commander and the past few times I've driven it I noticed that the presets have been changed. I thought she was doing it but she said she didn't. Has anybody else had this problem? It's the RER navigation system.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Do you get a message in the EVIC stating "IOD fuses out"? I think if the IOD fuses are blown or removed, the radio won't even turn on. You're NOT having any battery problems? A few stabs in the dark, I doubt they are the cause.

Its either some internal to the radio, or electric "Ignition Off Draw" IOD is getting interrupted to the radio while the vehicle is off.

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
The radio presets will change with different keys if it is linked to the keys! Not sure if that helps.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Ahhhh, yea, I remember reading about an option I don't have. The presets for the power seats, mirrors, etc, if you have buttons by the door locks for multiple driver settings, the settings will associated with the key you use. i.e. when you get in the vehicle after a previous driver had changed the seat settings or mirrors (or apparently the radio presets) the vehicle will recognize by your key which driver you are and change all the settings back to what you had the last time you drove the vehicle.

So, if you and you're wife have swapped keys, or got new ones recently, I would suspect its that feature that you don't understand yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts