Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy here. The plug on my rain detector (upper windshield) is broken and wiper function does not allow delay. Dealer says plug is part of harness that is part of headliner ($2000). How can I identify that plug and find one without a new head liner? I did a quick search but did not find anything. TIA.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Just wanted to stop in and say welcome to the forum. Unfortunately you are speaking a foreign language to me since i don't have that option on my Commander. I hope someone can help you out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. Mines a 2006 and the plug on the sensor was broken by the body shop during windshield replacement after a wreck. Its such a small plug I really can't read numbers on it. I hate to replace the entire headliner just for the plug. I could actually live without the auto wipers but I only have two speeds now,,,,low and high with no delay. Thats a PITA in light rain or drizzle.

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. Mines a 2006 and the plug on the sensor was broken by the body shop during windshield replacement after a wreck. Its such a small plug I really can't read numbers on it. I hate to replace the entire headliner just for the plug. I could actually live without the auto wipers but I only have two speeds now,,,,low and high with no delay. Thats a PITA in light rain or drizzle.
If I were you I would make the body shop pay to fix it.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I think you would do well by asking the question of your insurance co.
The plug was likely damaged as a result of the accident. The glass shop, by handling it, finished the process.
This should be considered a add repair from the insurance standpoint with no additional deductable involved.

Good luck!
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts