Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a set of 4 Stampedz rain guards/window visors and went to dry fit them to find looking from the inside out they look scratched and the smoked plastic looks distorted. Looking from the outside in they look perfect. I was wondering if anyone has run into this problem or did I just get a bad batch??? I have seen others that stick on door frame and look the same from both sides. Wondering if I should send them back or just deal with it? I paid 85 bucks for them from Toys for Trucks.com. thanks in advance for the Help and info..

07' Jeep Commander, Grey. Getting a 2.25in RR lift next week with 265-70-17's with Nitto Terras.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Well, I'm not familiar with that brand (I have weathertechs) but I doubt if any of them are opticaly correct.
They are plexiglass and have no hardcoating so just dragging your finger on them makes tiny scratches.
If they are gouged (fingernail can catch in scratch) that is damage and they'd be going back.
Truth be known, you don't look through them anyways, so one only notices the marks if carefully inspecting them.

Some people who use them on several vehicles, buy the clear visors and spray paint the inside body color.
Once installed, the shiney, now color matched outside of the visor, looks like part of the door......I find it rather attractive but my preference remains the smoked ones as you have purchassed.

Anyways, your description sounds normal to me for this type of product.

Rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no plastic coating, just weird looking from the inside out. but again its weird how they look fine from the outside in.. im still thinking about sending them back and getting another brand to see if they are the same, if so, ill end up keeping them. I would just think the bent corners should be or could be distored not the entire inside of the shade/vent. If anyone would tell me what brand they have and if they like/dislike them I would really appreaicate it. Thanks everyone

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
no plastic coating, just weird looking from the inside out. but again its weird how they look fine from the outside in.. im still thinking about sending them back and getting another brand to see if they are the same, if so, ill end up keeping them. I would just think the bent corners should be or could be distored not the entire inside of the shade/vent. If anyone would tell me what brand they have and if they like/dislike them I would really appreaicate it. Thanks everyone
See these threads:
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2798&highlight=vent+visors&page=2

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5116&highlight=vent+visors&page=3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts