Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered the rear assist handles from Ramsey Jeep (NJ) resulting in the following unpleasant moments:

• Dealer takes 3 weeks to get me the handles
  • Dealer gets me the handles, however they didn't include top/bottom covers and screws. Order them, 1 more week to receive
  • Receive items, while installing, I noticed that they got me two lefties for the bottom covers
  • Called the dealership, they order replacement to be done within the next day at lunch time
  • Go pick up the cover (today), only to notice that once again, it was another lefty. Parts manager said it will take several days to get me the right part..., he said "we'll get you the right part eventually"
  • I contacted justforjeeps.com and they will ship it tomorrow, special ordered. I can't really thank them enough. I really can't take dealing with Ramsey Jeep in Ramsey, NJ anymore. Trust me, I didn't mind double paying for one of these covers at all.
This issue is separate from them not being able/willing to troubleshoot windshield problem. Took it to another dealership and problem solved. For God's sake, if you need to do Jeep business in New Jersey, stay away from Ramsey Jeep, Rt 17 Ramsey NJ. I found out from the papers that they just settled a big lawsuit for almost 1 million bucks for false advertisement among other things. I wish I knew that before I handed them my $$$

·
Registered
556 Posts
That sucks. I ordered my handles from justforjeeps.com SUN and they said it's in the mail already(not that, that means anything), but hopefully I should have 'em within a week. Are you putting them on yourself, or taking it to a(nother) dealer? I saw a thread somewhere here or elswhere with instructions, but havn't looked to see the difficulty yet.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The folks at justforjeeps.com are really quick about shipping. I have bought quite a few things from them.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are very easy to install, I believe they now have the instructions posted on their site. They were posted in this forum as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts