Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem that started all of the sudden without warning. Suddenly about a month ago , my 06 commander 3.7 , upon acceleration the CEL started flashing and the engine was clearly misfiring. Maintaining speeds it does not do it . Only during acceleration. At the same time this happens, the traction control light will come on . Once you reach a cruising speed, the CEL stops flashing, the trac light goes out and the jeep runs smooth . Sometimes I can accelerate harder than others without this happening but it has become more and more frequent. Compression is good , spark plugs good, tps replaced, mass air flow replaced . The only codes I get are p0300 (random multiple cylinder misfire) and one of the o2 sensor's ( below threshold) I do get a code for the abs module too . Can this be related to the abs module? Or possibly a bad body control module? Please help . I'm at a loss with this one .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no . If I get it figured out I'll be sure to post it here so it could possibly help you as well . Please do the same if you get it fixed or figured out .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Couldn't get it to do it for a while, finally farted and died today. I had cleared all codes from all systems prior to that. It only threw a p1607- pcm internal shutdown timer rationality. Coolant level and temps good. Looks like I need an ECM. Will keep updated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts