Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's great to see the forum gathering so many new members lately. In fact, it seems to be growing exponentially. Can any of the mods give some kind of stats like how many new members join every month? I know not everyone who joins may be very active, but it would give an idea of how many of us are here.

·
Registered
444 Posts
This would be some pretty cool info to find out... I'm interested.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I almost feel like I am missing something when a new member shows up.

I know other forums have a newbie check in forum page. It would be nice to have that so newbies could introduce themselves better. As it stands, the new folks are discovered almost by accident simply because they happen to have a question they need an answer to.

Does that make sense?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
We do have a check in page, they just are not using it! Not sure how to fix that situation.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8

I could grab all the new posts and move them here, but with all the recent interest in this forum that is a lot of work, I would need a raise!

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Even though the membership is growing, the number of active posters seems to stay pretty consistent. When I log on during the evening on a weekday, there always seems to be about the same amount of active members on the forum. Same thing for the weekends...

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Even though the membership is growing, the number of active posters seems to stay pretty consistent. When I log on during the evening on a weekday, there always seems to be about the same amount of active members on the forum. Same thing for the weekends...
A few months ago there was about 20 members on at any one time. Now we are averaging in the thirty's and at the present time we have 48 members on-line.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
A few months ago there was about 20 members on at any one time. Now we are averaging in the thirty's and at the present time we have 48 members on-line.

Well, of course that varies depending upon what time of day you log on to the forum. Right now there are 14 members online. My point is that I typically log on at consistent times throughout the day and the numbers of people online seems to have been the same for a long time now.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I usually check the forum several times during the work day, just don't log on unless I'm going to post something or need to see a picture in one of the posts.

John

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
Members: 14,370 as of 1/6/2008 10:00 EST
That's a pretty decent amount of members. But like every forum on the Internet, most of the members have zero posts, so I don't consider them "active" members, but rather people who just signed up for whatever reason and don't participate. Or maybe they never log on at all... I dunno. Either way, I'm surprised that so many people take the time to sign up and then never participate. I'll bet that more than 90% of our membership has 1 post or less.

Some of my other forums allow you to view the member list by post count. In other words, it lists the names from the highest post count to the lowest. It's funny, but once you get past the first few pages of people who post, then you have like hundreds of pages of members with no posts at all...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
With the new job, I'm not on here as much. Haven't been on in only a few days, and there were 7 pages worth of "new posts". Taking some time to get through! A few months ago, I could go away for a week and have this much, if not less, to go through. Now, it's this much in a few days? We're growing, rapidly. Rock on!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I know there are a lot more pages to read then ever.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts