Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rattle noise, passanger side

I wanted to seek advice on this issue as two dealerships havent' been able to replicate and fix. There is this annoying soft rattle noise coming from the inside compartment, mostly noticeable as I smoothly accelerate. I guess it doesn't have anything to do with the AC as it happens with the AC off. I made sure there was nothing else inside the compartment that would be vibrating and making such noise (screwdrivers, tools, etc).

Has this happened to anyone of you and how has this been resolved? I don't think this is related to the bulletin that addresses the issue with the fan blower as it happens with the AC off. I guess I am really picky when it comes to this.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I do not have that problem but even with the AC off doesnt the fan still run on low? Could it be the tape on one of the blower blades that I have been reading about? Just a thought.

As far as the back seatbelt rattle goes....I had a rattle back there as well and even after adjusting the seatbelts it continued. I noticed today if I hit the back of the rear seats it would duplicate the rattle that I tought was the seatbelts but it turned out to be the left and right seat hitting against the middle seat back. After reclining them it went away. Hard to believe with the leather but true. May help others that could be going nuts with small rattles like I do. Other than that a very quite solid ride...love it so far!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Dabitz said:
I wanted to seek advice on this issue as two dealerships havent' been able to replicate and fix. There is this annoying soft rattle noise coming from the inside compartment, mostly noticeable as I smoothly accelerate. I guess it doesn't have anything to do with the AC as it happens with the AC off. I made sure there was nothing else inside the compartment that would be vibrating and making such noise (screwdrivers, tools, etc).

Has this happened to anyone of you and how has this been resolved? I don't think this is related to the bulletin that addresses the issue with the fan blower as it happens with the AC off. I guess I am really picky when it comes to this.
I've noticed a rattling noise over there too. My wife grabbed the assist handle above the glove box and pulled it a little and the rattling stopped. Havn't fixed it yet though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is so funny, today at lunch time I found out the noise was coming from the grab handle (passanger). If you hit the dash it will make it. Damn, you beat me to it!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might take it to the dealership next week. If you haven't fixed it by then I'll let you know what they say. I am very tempted to attempt to fix myself, but I don't want to break any plastic parts, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.