Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I'm new to the page, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Also, sorry for the long story.

So I got stuck in some semi-deep snow and couldn't get out for about and hour or so. It was high enough to touch the entire underside, but not packed together enough to cause damage. I had to Rev it in drive and reverse quite a bit, and at one point I heard a loud metallic smack, but there was no change in performance. After I got out, I noticed a rattling from the undercarriage when I coasted above 7mph before a stop. It's not that loud, but it's 100% noticeable. I also don't know how long the sound was there because I was using the air on full blast all day, and it's loud enough to drown out the rattling. Anything I should be worried about?

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4.7L V8
264 Posts
A rock or ice chunk might have hit the cat converter? Have you tapped to see if the honeycomb inside rattles? You can really hear it in like a drive through lane or next to a wall just go real slow.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Also the heat shields and attachments are really not very sturdy, and the shield could be flopping against the exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts