Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get RC 2 inch lift soon with new tires, now I have 245/60R18.
im thinking about getting 255/65R18 or if I can with no rubinning to go with 265/65R18, (I don't want to get spacers)
what do you guys think

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
looking to get RC 2 inch lift soon with new tires, now I have 245/60R18.
im thinking about getting 255/65R18 or if I can with no rubinning to go with 265/65R18, (I don't want to get spacers)
what do you guys think
I've never tried running 18 inch tires - did your Commander come with 18 inch rims from the factory? Most XK's come with 17 inch factory rims.

Rough Country actually recommends running 265/70/17's with their 2 inch lift.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my commander is a hemi limited 2010 and yes the rims are jeep stock, I just got of the phone with RC and ordered the lift, they recommend me to go with 265/65R18 I'm just thinking maybe the tires will be close the front and back side of the fender and wheel well, I know from the tire to the top if the wheel well it will be good but what about the sides. dose that make sense my question?

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
my commander is a hemi limited 2010 and yes the rims are jeep stock, I just got of the phone with RC and ordered the lift, they recommend me to go with 265/65R18 I'm just thinking maybe the tires will be close the front and back side of the fender and wheel well, I know from the tire to the top if the wheel well it will be good but what about the sides. dose that make sense my question?
If you have rubbing anywhere, it will be along the inside sidewall at the top inner edge of the tire, that's where mine comes the closest to rubbing and I have the 2 inch RC Lift with 265/70/17's and have just barely enough clearance....with the 18 inch tire, you might possibly experience some rubbing.

That being said, I'd take Rough Country's recommendation & hope for the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi arielxkjeep
My 2008 overland 3.0 CRD is stock. Came from factory with 265x65x18 tires and they never rub, but seems to be the maximum width.
Clearance from fenders are large enougth, but In the fact, front wheels are very close to hub support. 265 is the maximum tire width I can use without they rubbing to this part.

Unfortunately, in my country, "the Macronie", any change or transformation, could result on the vehicle immobilization until returning to stock version plus a fine to pay:frown2:

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
Based on the quote below, I'd say you're good to go and should have no issues:
265/65R18 will work perfect for 2 inch lift. That's the same width and height as a 265/70 on a 17 inch wheel.

·
Super Moderator
5,769 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts