Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the community. I have used the forum for a while learning and completing projects. I've had my 07 Overland for 4 years. Bought her (Lucille) with 130k and now I'm at 202k. Just installed a reman engine, 500 miles into my break-in. I've changed every bushing, uca's, Bilsteins 5100's on all four with 2" spacers in the back, 265/70/17, front driveshaft, CV axles, breaks/rotors, radiator, most engine components, and there's more but that's enough for now. All fluids are synthetic but I still need to change my brake fluid. Now that I've got her just about rebuilt, it's time to start projects again. That and I'm in my last year of payments. That means she gets to explore more in slightly rougher territory soon. I've got little things here and there that need fixing, the driver seat for one and change out the headlights. I sanded and tried the clear coat but it cracked.

I love my Lucille and hope I can get another 300k+. I do all of my own work and have my son's, 18 & 10, helping and learning. I have 3 Jeeps total, 07XK, 00XJ, 88MJ. The last, inherited from my dad passing this Feb.

I have several hundred pictures and loads of information that I can help with.

Thanks for having me and providing the information I needed.

Shannon

07 XK Overland 5.7L 2" lift with 265-70-17

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
Hello to the community. I have used the forum for a while learning and completing projects. I've had my 07 Overland for 4 years. Bought her (Lucille) with 130k and now I'm at 202k. Just installed a reman engine, 500 miles into my break-in. I've changed every bushing, uca's, Bilsteins 5100's on all four with 2" spacers in the back, 265/70/17, front driveshaft, CV axles, breaks/rotors, radiator, most engine components, and there's more but that's enough for now. All fluids are synthetic but I still need to change my brake fluid. Now that I've got her just about rebuilt, it's time to start projects again. That and I'm in my last year of payments. That means she gets to explore more in slightly rougher territory soon. I've got little things here and there that need fixing, the driver seat for one and change out the headlights. I sanded and tried the clear coat but it cracked.

I love my Lucille and hope I can get another 300k+. I do all of my own work and have my son's, 18 & 10, helping and learning. I have 3 Jeeps total, 07XK, 00XJ, 88MJ. The last, inherited from my dad passing this Feb.

I have several hundred pictures and loads of information that I can help with.

Thanks for having me and providing the information I needed.

Shannon

@willobegolfer;

Welcome to the forum.

Post some pics of your Commander when you are able.

Here are some links to help you out if you decide to do some upgrades or repairs to your XK;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...ukey_make=1064

Cheapest factory Parts: Find OEM BMW, Fiat, Ford, GM, Mopar, Nissan, Subaru & Toyota Parts & Accessories

JeepinByAl: JBAoffroad.com

JustforJeeps.com - http://www.justforjeeps.com/?gclid=C...9i0hoCSS7w_wcB

Rough County lift kits - Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

AFE: Advanced FLOW Engineering | Engineered Adrenaline

CARiD.com - http://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjw...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

Bilstein shocks & struts - Home

The Steel Armadillo - Jeep Commander (XK/HK) 2006-2010

WAM Custom Bumpers - https://wambumpers.com/

4WheelParts.com - Truck Parts & Jeep Parts - Lift Kits, Winches, Tonneau Covers, Tires, Wheels, Bumpers, Performance ? 4 Wheel Parts

RockAuto - http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/j...catalog%2Fjeep

Also, please read this if you haven't done so already - lots of good information in here;

REQUIRED READING!!! New Member Introduction post & other important new member info.

Thanks and again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Awesome looking Commander - love that color :thumbsup: Keep us posted with your mods!

Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was a fun project. Taught my boys a lot. Only 3 minor set backs during the change out. She has been a dream to have and work on.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Now that that is out of the way what front bumper is on that xj? and for real if you ever want to get rid of that mj, let me know!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I custom built the bumper many years ago. Held up to a ton of abuse. Going to build new front and rear for the Commander next spring plus a few other builds I want to do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Couple shots of the bumper and my dad's CJ7. My dad passed away in Feb so I inherited the MJ and my brother got the CJ.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The windshield had been replaced by PO. Apparently commanders can leak if they don't put enough glue in a certain location. We could hear the air coming in once we got on the interstate after having bought her. So my wife named her Lucille. Loose seal.

·
Banned
159 Posts
Dang that cj is looking clean. That bumper looks great man. You should open up a shop I'd buy one. I have an xj I built years ago then blew the motor up the way to work after giving it hell in tellico the weekend before. Slowly been getting her right again but boy do I miss driving that thing. The commander was my way of having a cherokee-esque Jeep again without having one of those hideous new Cherokees.

I got a new phone recently so the only pic I have of it right now is this out of focus shot behind a spider. Along with my temporary vehicle after my wj got stolen.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
Couple shots of the bumper and my dad's CJ7. My dad passed away in Feb so I inherited the MJ and my brother got the CJ.

That reminds me of the 95 Cherokee SE I had - but mine was a 4x2, 2 door.
It had the straight six 4.0L engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Both the MJ and XJ are inline 6. Most reliable engine IMHO. 207K on the XJ with one head replacement. I let the XJ sit for a couple years, put in a new battery, changed the fluids and drove it for about a month while I was changing the engine in the XK. Miss driving it but it needs the whole suspension replaced. She's wore slam out from playing hard. I do love the luxury of my Overland tho. Power, driving comfort, sound system, and the off-road capabilities have spoiled me. My next Jeep after this will be a GC Trackhawk. I want to be pinned in the seat getting on the highway. Lol

·
Super Moderator
5,920 Posts
Both the MJ and XJ are inline 6. Most reliable engine IMHO. 207K on the XJ with one head replacement.
Yep my 95 Cherokee had 219,000 miles on the original engine when I traded it in on the 08 Grand Cherokee I had before my Commander.

It needed a ring job because it was burning oil, but as long as I was mindful of the oil level & checked it regularly, the engine just kept on running.

I think the only things I ever replaced on it was the starter (which I did myself) and I had to have the water pump replaced and at some point the battery - that was about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts