Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am kinda new to the board so dont shoot me if you already know this. I have a 06 Commander with the factory navigation. I was burning cds last night and by accident burnt a mp3/multimedia disc. Well come to find out that thing plays in the factory navigation. I then made another cd with 160 songs on it, from a normal cd-r disc. It plays all the songs. Not only that, you use the navigation toggle like a computer mouse. I played around more and put the songs in computer files, sure enough the files show up on the screen of the navigation. I used nero to burn the cds. If you have any questions just reply, this is very simple to do. you can now have over 900 songs at once with 6 cds! All the songs show up in a playlist and have the artist,title and even album title when you push info. I am gonna mess with it more and if i come up with anything else i will let you all know!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Great. Now I have envy. Have had my 06 for a month now and it has literally everything I wanted EXCEPT the nav unit. I had been saying that it wasn't that big of a deal because I have a portable one. With this knowledge, it becomes a big deal. Oh well... enjoy yours!

Green with envy...:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Jeeper64 said:
The 6 disc unit plays MP3's as well....I make up discs with 100+ songs for road trips
Thanks for the info. Had to use IPOD with iFREQ FM xmitter to get MP3's. Now I will cut MP3's intead. Problem with iFREQ is the strong FM stations interferes with xmitter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I now just have 6 burned mp3 cds with about a 1000 songs total. The setup is great too because you can pull the list of songs up and scroll through with the nav toggle. It also organizes the songs in alphabetical order. This definitely makes this unit much better than I ever expected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts