1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Those look nice, good find indeed!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I would rather have a set of AEV Pintler Beadlocks. Not only do they look better but the only cost $299. I dont know about you but I cant see paying over $600 for one wheel.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I would rather have a set of AEV Pintler Beadlocks. Not only do they look better but the only cost $299. I dont know about you but I cant see paying over $600 for one wheel.
Those do look pretty sweet, and the price is much better.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
these are double beadlocks that are street legal. the AEV locks only lock in the outer lip.

i would never pay that price unless i was rich. and still, i probably wouldn't pay that much.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I would not spend the money on them either but that price isn't that bad for a street legal double bead locks that look that good.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have never heard of anyone having problems with any type of beadlock like the AEV's. Also they are DOT compliant.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Steel beadlocks - non DOT - have been on my TJ for years and have never had any problems with the law. 99% of the people on the road down here in Texas don't know what they are.

I did get a ticket for "too many off road lights" once long ago. Barking tires in turns - thanks to the spool - has also got me pulled over a couple of times.

600+ for a wheel. It better be a chrome 24 that spins. Word up, yo.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Steel beadlocks - non DOT - have been on my TJ for years and have never had any problems with the law. 99% of the people on the road down here in Texas don't know what they are.

I did get a ticket for "too many off road lights" once long ago. Barking tires in turns - thanks to the spool - has also got me pulled over a couple of times.

600+ for a wheel. It better be a chrome 24 that spins. Word up, yo.
Exactly. I am a Law Enforcement Officer and really could not see making a traffic stop on an individual for having Bead Lock wheels on their rig.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Good points guys .... I'd think it's just a matter of the beadlock manufacturer not paying the big buck to have them certified for street use ... rather than their saftey being in queation

Like you guys I can;t see spending the cash on thoes Jeep ones.. but they do look pretty cool :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I like the no tire machine tire changes too!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
What's the Back spacing on those Jeep Bead Locks?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3.75 if i remember right.

i think i'm going to see how much it'll cost me to have my own design cut. just for the point of it being fun.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
3.75 if i remember right.

i think i'm going to see how much it'll cost me to have my own design cut. just for the point of it being fun.
Wow, 3.75 is a little too much for our vehicles. I wouldnt go for anything more then 4.5 inches of back spacing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts