Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading that people are getting WAY lower than the sticker's advertised MPG. What are you guys finding?

Has anyone done real world testing and not relied on the computer for their data?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
My experience is that you can not rely on the dashboard gadget to give you an accurate reading.......I get about 15.3 mpg on average...total combined

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Scott in Houston said:
I've been reading that people are getting WAY lower than the sticker's advertised MPG. What are you guys finding?

Has anyone done real world testing and not relied on the computer for their data?
If you use the search feature you will find about a zillion threads on mileage of the various Commander models.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Scott in Houston said:
Doh. Ok. Sorry for the n00b mistake.
Not fussing at you. Not really a mistake, but we really do already have an enormous amount of threads on the mileage subject -- 2 1/2 years worth. We really don't need another one.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
jeep5253 said:
If you use the search feature you will find about a zillion threads on mileage of the various Commander models.
LOOOLL ,,,, when I read this thread before anyone replied, I said that jeep5253 will pop up and say something about using the search tool :D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
ahmed255 said:
LOOOLL ,,,, when I read this thread before anyone replied, I said that jeep5253 will pop up and say something about using the search tool :D

LOL Me too!!!:D

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
ahmed255 said:
BigPoppaJNutZ said:
LOL Me too!!!:D
Glad I didn't disappoint you.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have found the display to be accurate, it agrees with my calculator that I get 12.5mpg. I bought it used, when I looked at the display on the test drive it was at 14.9. They must have reset it and jacked it up and let it run for a while to get the mpg up.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
RedCommander said:
I have found the display to be accurate, it agrees with my calculator that I get 12.5mpg. I bought it used, when I looked at the display on the test drive it was at 14.9. They must have reset it and jacked it up and let it run for a while to get the mpg up.

Reset it on the highway at a low speed and your MPG will look fantastico!

·
Registered
208 Posts
RedCommander said:
Yeah, I've done that, but it always comes back to reality. Eventually you gotta go home, and when I do, it's 100% in town driving.
Yeah, that'll kill your mileage. I do about 60% side roads and 40% highway and I get right at about 15 average. I tried that hypermiling junk and got up to around 17, but it was taking its toll on my mental health! :eek:

It's gonna be expensive at the pump no matter what. I found a box of old paid bills a couple of weeks ago and was shredding some old credit card statements from around 1990. I looked and found that I was paying 16-18 bux to fill up in those days. 'Course I was driving a 4 banger, but still...

·
Registered
495 Posts
jeep5253 said:
How about you do the search and then put the links to the various threads as your response, because as of now you are of no help.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
dh63269 said:
How about you do the search and then put the links to the various threads as your response, because as of now you are of no help.
How hard is it to type "mileage" and get the results yourself ? Here are just some of the mileage threads.

·
Registered
564 Posts
As it has been said before, when it comes down to it, anything, and everything has been talked about here, and on other forums, and any one knows how to do a search, I’m sure that over half of the people here got here by doing a search on Google…

If we don’t repeat the things, the forum may as well be closed and everyone on the web can just search the old posts.

I just don’t get what the big deal is if someone asks something that has been answer before, I would make more sense to give them a real answer and no to be so rude and just tell them to go find it them self. Even better, if there is a new post with a title or question that has been talk about before, just done even open it!!! And let someone that has something good to say take care of it…

Now, to answer Scot’s question, right now, with K&N intake and Gibson’s cat back I’m getting about 20 MPG combine, and that is about 80% highway 20% city driving, I want to re-check this once it cools down a little because it has been very hot here and it seems like it went down some.

·
Registered
564 Posts
:confused: It actually took you longer to do the search, press the print screen bottom, and upload it than to actually say something good :confused: … That really makes sense :rolleyes::( Sad actually:(

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree 100% with Romeo.

The search function is the LAST place I will go for an answer to a question.

It's like calling into a support line and getting a computer. I would rather speak to a live human and have a conversation.

I ignore comments like jeep5253 makes and ask any and all question that I have.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I wasn't rude -- I made a suggestion.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts