Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a mod so simple it isn't worth a picture. We wanted cargo area protection with the rear seats down, mostly when hauling dogs or muddy camping gear.

I found a office floor mat thingy at the local thrift store. One of those plastic mats that sits on carpet and makes it easy to roll a chair around. 5 minutes work with a saber saw and I have a custom-fit hard plastic mat for the rear. The cut off piece fits the rear area with one rear seat up.

Total cost: 5 dollars, 5 minutes, and 3 holes poked in me from the %[email protected]$* sharp plastic prongs on the mat.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Very impressive what some people will think of. Thanks for sharing...I just may have to take a trip to the local office thrift store.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Another cheap bed liner (though maybe not very dog proof).

For about $10 I bought one of those non-fatigue floor mat things from Sears - it comes in 12x12 inch tiles with jigsaw puzzle edges. I trimmed to fit the cargo area from the 2nd row back and it has held up wonderfully for about a year now.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
webjones said:
Another cheap bed liner (though maybe not very dog proof).

For about $10 I bought one of those non-fatigue floor mat things from Sears - it comes in 12x12 inch tiles with jigsaw puzzle edges. I trimmed to fit the cargo area from the 2nd row back and it has held up wonderfully for about a year now.
Do you have a link to this product on their web site? I already have the Mopar liner in the Commander but might consider this for my Cherokee.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Even if it's not "dog friendly", a blanket will work wonders. My dad works at a jail, and he gets these indistructable blankets for inmates. They can't be torn or burned, and the dog loves them. I would put something that on top of the liner to keep the dog comfy, and your car clean.

·
Registered
25 Posts
On a side note, I sold my Disco II that I had for 7 years for the Commander, and the Weathertech rear liner from the Disco was a perfect fit.

2 boxers and much abuse and it is still going strong. Love the high lip around it, you can throw about anything on it, dogs, bags of ice, mulch, etc. then just drag the whole thing out when you get home and hit it with a hose. Pretty good investment if you keep your truck for a while, if you use the rear area as a pick-up bed!

CG
2007 Overland

·
Registered
686 Posts
I had a full complement of Husky liners in my WJ (drove it 7 years before getting the Commander). I have nothing but good things to say about those. Unfortunately, no chance of them fitting in the Commander so I gave them to the neighbor's daughter for her WJ.

I'm saving my change to outfit the Commander with either Husky or Weathertech liners.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
hey everyone thanks for posting all the great ideas for floor protectors. have a 10 yr old that plays football and i'm tired of vacuming up grass and dry dirt/mud every week. pics to come.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
thanks CrzCajun for the link, a lot of great ideas to go with......testa23

1 - 17 of 17 Posts