Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I know there is post somewhere on changing this, however I can’t find it, and I seem to recall it didn’t explain clearly enough exactly what to do

I’m on 2008 commander and I need to change the fuse position so the rear power outlet turns on/off with the ignition. I have a rear camera I use for a trailer and need it to be only on when the engine/ignition is running

Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated

regards
Jonty

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,442 Posts
The power for all the power outletts comes through the Junction Block. See Junction Block explained | Jeep Commander Forum
Alos here is a good post on the fuses Fuse Diagrams | Jeep Commander

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.
Also post an introduction in the "New Member" section.

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
Hi,
I know there is post somewhere on changing this, however I can’t find it, and I seem to recall it didn’t explain clearly enough exactly what to do

I’m on 2008 commander and I need to change the fuse position so the rear power outlet turns on/off with the ignition. I have a rear camera I use for a trailer and need it to be only on when the engine/ignition is running

Any detailed help would be greatly appreciated

regards
Jonty
@Productionmanjonty ;

Welcome to the forum;

Please read the 1st post of the New Member Required Reading thread below & complete your user profile signature as directed;

Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

This is a forum requirement.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @rblapham - unfortunately I couldn't figure this out fro the info already out there.
I think I will have to experiment switch the fuses around etc for the outlets under the dash and see if I can get the rear outlet running on ignition only
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts