Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I bought some 50lb bags of sand today and put them in the back. One of the bags slipped off the spare tire, ripped open and dumped about half the bag. Sand everywhere. Got the shop vac out but there was sand under the carpet and rear seats. I ended up removing the rear seat, passanger side AC panel and lifting the carpet up.

I snapped some pics for those that might be interested as to what's involved and also to see what's behind said panels.

To get that big panel off is a pain in the... All the top panels have to come off. And if you want to get under the one under the middle row of seats that big panel has to come out. On the plus side I found about $2 in change under the third row carpet! Made my 5 year old's day.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Thanks for the pics !

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
That may come in handy for others in the future, thanks for the write up!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Awsome!!! Any tips on how to get all that out without breaking anything? I sank the Commander in a creek the other day and completely filled the rear cargo area with water. Appearently the rear hatch and door seals arnt water tight. lol The next day its not raining I need to completely romove the rear carpet and ac panels to clean up a little.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awsome!!! Any tips on how to get all that out without breaking anything?
Start at the top and work your way down. Once the screws are removed it all "pops" off. Just be gentle when pulling on it. Unhook the AC controls and the rear seat latch.

You are correct the seals are not water tight. I posted a pic in the Badlands thread. I was cleaning up the sand under the second row and there was dried mud under there. Not enough to worry about though.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I'm not sure how much room there is between the panel and ac unit but in front and behind it there seems to be lots of room. One could make an access panel and use it for something.
Good to know, extra space always seems to be necessary.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts