Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just bought a 2007 4.7litre with 25,000kms on the clock from the local dealer.

Took the Commander out in the desert last weekend and was happy with how it coped in the rocks and sand.

The Commander was been recently serviced before I purchased it but I've noticed the rear brake pads look worn. Does anyone know the workshop manual recommendation for when to change the brake pads? If possible a pdf copy of the page would be useful, or page reference so I can take up this issue with the Dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
They can go down to 2mm no problem, I can't see the dealer changing them before that, just wasting your money .. the back pads do seem to wear fairly quickly on the Commander.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response. I really doubt the pads will make it to the next service, the dealer should have performed a presales inspection or spotted the worn brake pads at the 20K service and swopped them out then.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
From Chiltons online manual... 2007 Jeep Commander brake Specs.

Brake Disc Minimum Thickness: F = 1.122, R = 0.492

Max Runout: F&R = 0.0008

Min. Pad Lining: F = 0.030 R = 0.030

All measurments in inches.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Don't the front pads go before the rear?
Normally yes .. but the rear ones tend to wear quickly in city driving with the Commander .. it's the way the breaks are balanced (or programmed) the rear ones kick in just before the front ones (part of the stability system I think)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts