Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Look at Tactical Armor Group. That is what I have, his design is big but I like it anyway. Good luck on making your choice.
Pics of the Tactical Armor rear bumper:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Why do all bumper/tire carrier manufacturers put the tire right in your "over shoulder" view?.

That creates a really bad blind spot if you need to maneuver quickly. It would be just as easy to put in on the drivers side and much safer.

I have noticed the XJ tire carriers are the same way.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Why do all bumper/tire carrier manufacturers put the tire right in your "over shoulder" view?.

That creates a really bad blind spot if you need to maneuver quickly. It would be just as easy to put in on the drivers side and much safer.

I have noticed the XJ tire carriers are the same way.
A lot of Commanders have a backup camera on the driver's side of the liftgate. I'm sure they could switch that around for you if you wanted. I don't think it would be that much of a problem. Don't know why the others do it.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Sent you a PM.

·
2,248 Posts
When the tire is centered it is easier for others to see your turn signals. My right one is hard to see if you are directly behind me. The advantage of having mine offset to the right is that my rear view camera still works. I mostly use it for hooking up to a trailer while watching the ball and hitch in my monitor. As far as blind spots, I do not really notice any difference. I guess I use my side mirrors more than most people do. If you are going to use your receiver for light towing or maybe a bike rack, be sure to extend it back far enough to clear the spare tire.

Good luck whatever you choose.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
i had a friend help me build my own tire carrier i will post pics later for you it has 2 jerry can mounts and a hi lift mount pretty easy if you can weld

1 - 20 of 24 Posts