Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone who makes a rear bumper? if not where is it? i went looking for it lastnight so i can determine how to mount 2 d-rings on it, the fronts easy since there is a actual metal bumper under the plastic, for the rear the only way i see it to be done is to hang them on those rails at the spare(though i dont think they have the holding ability to pull with) or to weld brackets to the factory receiver...which is what im leaning toward since im about to cut the rear bumper up for the fog mod

ideas or suggestions?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
A maker of steel replacement bumpers that some members have used is by " The Steel Armadillo "

He also makes tire carriers etc. if you want one on the bumper.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ SAL thanks for the link, thats exactly what I want. I hope they get them into production soon. I also like there front guard setup aswell. though the other front bumper im really liking right now is this one...

but thats for a different thread haha

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
The front bumper was made by GetLost4x4 but they are no longer in business. The Steel Armadillo can make you one however.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The front bumper was made by GetLost4x4 but they are no longer in business. The Steel Armadillo can make you one however.
I see...well in your post I see your front bumper and I like that one because of the lower skid plate...I also saw the pics of TSA all metal rear bumper...

im making a wish list for this year, im adding them both...what would the costs be? i may be able to squeeze it out of taxes this year or after a trip to the sandbox

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
I see...well in your post I see your front bumper and I like that one because of the lower skid plate...I also saw the pics of TSA all metal rear bumper...

im making a wish list for this year, im adding them both...what would the costs be? i may be able to squeeze it out of taxes this year or after a trip to the sandbox
Link removed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That cut out looks great, though it leaves alot of areas open for water entrance to belts and whatnot. my inner fenderwell is rubbed thru from the last owner but I may save coin that way myself. I like the idea of a nice metal bumper but that saves money and i can keep the stock bumper the same color. I want the 4xguard brush bar and mount with hooks along with that front skid. Im just adding up prices and its almost as expensive as a full bumper...:icon_confused: so I have to think it thru more as to weather I get a front bumper or mod mine...wont be a carbon of yours though. Ill have to show you when I do it, I do have some ideas on a "splash shield" idea

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah thats why Ill probibly do what you did. its cheaper and faster, and besides the 4xguard setup fits over the stock bumper anyhow. I just want to get my lift kit first before I do the bumper mod. I hope to have it by next year...finances are tight like a german virgin, so im buying the smaller items first, roof rack, sliders guards etc etc, then ill get the lift wheels and rubber next summer hopefully.

·
1,993 Posts
I take it by your comments your going to go with the 4" lift then? because side rails and roof racks cost a lot more then the 2" lift. I wouldn't veiw the 2" a waste of money even if you only kept it for a year or so. It's really enough to do most off roading except some of the more extreme stuff. Just some food for thought I want the 4" lift as well but the 2" is working out great allowing to hit the trails pretty hard. have fun take your time it's fun modding these things. Today I just mounted a second battery in the jeep I'm addicted to mods LOL

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah I want the 4.5 lift. I could do the 2" but I feel that where I go off roading id want to tackle what I did in my yota years ago and that had about the same clearance as the XK with a 4-4.5" lift and 31s.

·
2,248 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts