Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been discussion about what to put in the rear diff including the additive, today I went to a local parts store to buy rear diff oil and they gave me Royal Purple synthetic oil SAE 75w140, it says its High Performance automotive gear oil and it for limited slip and extented gear life and that no additive was required.
I am looking at doing this weekend because I'm going on a long road trip this Weds, has anyone used this and if so was the friction modifier additive required?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Which transmission do you have? I believe it makes a difference If you have QD11 then I believe you need the addative. I have never used Royal Purple synthetic oil SAE 75w140 so I can't answer you question, but we need to know which transmission you have.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Royale Purple I believe has the friction modifier in it. So you can either not add any and just see if chatter occurs or put some in anyway. That of course applies only if you have QDII. QTII doesnt need friction modifier (but wont hurt a thing if you put it in).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Tks's for the info, I changed it today and will go for a drive tonight see how it works out before I leave Weds.
I have the QTII I'm guessing due to the chrome T handle.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Tks's for the info, I changed it today and will go for a drive tonight see how it works out before I leave Weds.
I have the QTII I'm guessing due to the chrome T handle.
QDII also has the chrome T handle.

·
Registered
68 Posts
if you go with royal purple your good to go it has it in it love that stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts