Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. been looking for a rear differential cover for my commander. I don't mind doing the fluid change on it but it sure would be a time saver if I could find an aftermarket one that has a drain and fill plug. Anyone have any luck finding one???

2007 Sport, Rocky Mountain Edition, 3.7L V6, RWD

·
Registered
20 Posts
The Steel Armadillo just finished paying for CAD drawings for a 12 bolt version and most likely will be the only source as nobody else wants to spend the money. Lot's of 10 bolt versions out there.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I love my American Rebel 8.25 10 bolt diff cover

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what im thinking that I have the 8.25 differential. Is there anywhere I can find this out for certain???

Ive looked in my service manual, nothing, Ive also looked on the rear differential itself but cannot find a tag that would give me any info.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Thats what im thinking that I have the 8.25 differential. Is there anywhere I can find this out for certain???

Ive looked in my service manual, nothing, Ive also looked on the rear differential itself but cannot find a tag that would give me any info.
You have a 3.7, so yes you have the 10 bolt. All you have to do is look at the cover and count the bolts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hahaha i know to count the bolts and if theres 10 than i have a 10 bolt and if theres 12 than i have a 12 bolt.

My question is, is it the Chrysler 8.25 differential cover that I could get that fits specifically to my vehicle?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I'm waiting for steel armadillo to get a fab cost for their 12 bolt diff covers. I just contacted them last week an that was the reply I got back. I hope they will be making them in black powder coat.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hahaha i know to count the bolts and if theres 10 than i have a 10 bolt and if theres 12 than i have a 12 bolt.

My question is, is it the Chrysler 8.25 differential cover that I could get that fits specifically to my vehicle?
If your going to spend the money get an American Rebel 8.25 10 bolt cover.

·
Registered
243 Posts
All 4x4 XK's/WK's came with a Chrysler 8.25" in the rear. The 2 wheel drive version has a Dana 44 in the rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts