Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After bringing my new commander home, I was checking out all the details and found that the rear door seal was not seated properly, and it looked horrible. Took it in to the dealership, they ordered a new seal. Yesterday had the seal replaced and it looks even worse. All the plastic edges around the entire liftgate end are exposed. Now have to take it in on monday so they can fix it. The service department checked and said that all the Commanders on the lot have the same issue with the liftgate seal. It's not acceptable, looks bad on such a sexy vehicle.
I will say that the dealership was great. They will have a rental car available for me when I bring it in, and they promised to make it right.
Anyone out there with liftgate seal issues?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If you have another Jeep dealership within driving distance take a look to see if theirs have the same problem (ie. was it a problem with a certain batch or a greater number?) If it is with a greater number, then Jeep definitely needs to be alerted about it to avoid a costly TSB.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well update time,

I took it to the dealership and they kept it for 3 days because they had to order another new seal. The bottom is covered nicely, but the sides and top have again all the plastic edges exposed. I am thoroughly disgusted at this point. Time to take it to another dealership to see if they can get it right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have found that when you open the lift gate window that it has this problem. It seems that the window and the window lock do not engage as they should. the plastic part can actually be pusjed away from the lock exposinging it. I have had other jeeps and did not see this craftmanship in the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts