Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know the proper procedure for removing and re-installing the rear driver side fender flare and rear bumper cover.

quite some time ago, the spousal unit backed into an oak tree, catching the rear bumper cover on the driver's side. this caused the bumper cover to push the rear fender flare forward, breaking 3 of the top pins that attach the flare to the fender itself.

in addition, a long flat bar fell out from between the fenderand the bumper cover. I believe this bar is used to attach or at least hold the bumper cover to the body. it is shown as 9 and 10 in the following diagram:

currently, the driver's side rear bumper cover is drooping and pulling the fender flare down from the body. i would like to repair this as much as i can so that the flare and the cover are tight against the body.

can anyone give me instructions,pictorial, diagram or link to video how to remove and re-install the rear fender flares bumper cover.

thanks in advance.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
the flat bar I found is the bumper bracket circled in yellow in this picture.

how is it supposed to be attached to the body?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
the flat bar I found is the bumper bracket circled in yellow in this picture. how is it supposed to be attached to the body?

thanks in advance.
Likely with plastic connectors. I can try and lay underneath mine this weekend and see what I can see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts