Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was stopped at a red light. This guy having a diabetic fit (low blood sugar) decides he didn't see, slams into me at 30mph. I love my Commander, his car was totaled, but my Commander took it like a champ!

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks like those parking sensors are done for! lol

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Did the guy go under your Jeep?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That sucks, but if thats the worse that happened i think you came out alright.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did the guy go under your Jeep?
Yes, he was in a little car. I can't remember what kind he was driving. Thankfully he had insurance and they're taking care of it. In the end I'll come out with a brand new bumper. I would like to mod it and put a steel rear bumper on it. Hoping I can just pay the difference but waiting on the est. now.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I got rear ended just like that hardly any damage and the estimate I got was $700. Of course it depends on the company and the area you're in but you'll make out ok. I told the adjuster I just wanted enough to buff out the scratches and they still gave me $700. I also has a bolt on hitch that was bent but that was a small portion.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow,

that's the beauty of driving a commander. I often day dream of driving up the hood of a compact car. (with no one inside of course.)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I drive 500-1000+mi a week in mine. Im just waiting for it to happen to me. I see it almost happen in my rearview on at least a weekly basis.

·
Registered
471 Posts
To note it was in a 12000 can.dollar rear end collision before I bought it. Can't find a single tell inside or out and she rides so smooth.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I got rear ended last week by a 06 Chevy Cobalt. $887 of damage to the rear end of the Commander. $4700 of damage to the Cobalt. My XK took it like a champ too! The Cobalt went under my rear end since my Jeep sits higer with the lift and tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts