Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repost but I have been searching for 2 days and have not found anything like this. I own a 2008 Jeep Commander 4.7L two weeks ago it began to make this low humming noise which I thought nothing of. Then 3 days later it started making this noise that sounds like road noise from an off road tire. I have found that the noise is coming from the rear left side but I'm not sure what it is any ideas. Also this is my first 4 wheel drive vehicle.

·
Registered
953 Posts
How old are the tires? What condition are they in? I've had tires "go out of round" that made the ride sound like a bearing was going.

·
Administrator
15,206 Posts
I have some rear end noises...but I'm not in a vehicle.:saythat:

·
Registered
210 Posts
If not wheel bearing, I would think possibly a warped rotor, not enough to give you a shake in braking, but enough to resonate noticeably.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Instead of making a new thread, I will add to this one (sorry for the thread jacking).
Recently installed Bilstein 5125 rear shocks. Had a slight clunking noise prior to installing and now clunking noise is very noticeable. (I am thinking the original problem is being amplified by the stiffer shock). I have searched and cant find a whole lot of info on the rear suspension. Everything in regards to "bushings" always leads me to the front sway bars. I also used the stock bolts for the Bilstein's. I read some where that they didn't work, but I couldn't find details on why they didn't work. Could that be an issue? I also found one bolt loose on the rear driver side upper ?sway bar?. Not really sure if that is what its called. I think one of its bushings is bad too so I plan to replace all the bushings. What other things could it be? Are there any good threads that go over rear sway bar/susupension bushings? Thank for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts