Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
... same and it takes just the right amount of downward swing to close the whole rear door. I already miss my Pacifica's automated version :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, mine needs a good push to close -- maybe it'll loosen up a bit as it breaks in.

I'll tell you though, it'd be real easy to knock yourself or a friend for a loop with that window when it pops open!:rolleyes: I see why they make you push the button on the remote twice before it springs into action!

chp

·
Registered
77 Posts
... more importantly is the fact that the glass springs out so quickly and with such force, that it is real dangerous, as the glass lip knocks you right into the face!
We had several close calls! DCX must address this issue and retrofit the spring, so that it opens slower ... I know that I will complain about the "wait time", but life is full of compromises and it surely is better to wait for the opening, than to wait for your nose job, new teeth, etc. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
My only complaint is not having a power closing option on the door AND window. The window does "pop" open, but I wouldn't consider it a danger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
lol you're not kidding... drove it from the dealership to the grocery store to get milk and eggs... almost ended up sprawled out in the parking lot w/ a nosebleed. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I learned really quick if youre using the tailgate button to activate the glass being tall makes you a bigger target.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I found the rear window pop button at the dealership the first day and man, let me tell you, if it wasn't for my kung-fu-quick reflexes, I would be buying a pair new front teeth. That puppy scared me with the rapid eject!

The good thing is, that if you're being mugged while standing near the back of your GC, just reach over and pop the window...pow! :p
"Yes officer, I don't know how he got that gash in his forehead."

·
Registered
114 Posts
LOL! same here...scared the h*ll out of me the first time I popped the button.
I do like the feature a lot, having lived with it for 7500 miles now. I still step back before pushing that button!

Commo
Dearborn, MI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts