Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my JC has this incredibly important option...... a remote opening and closing rear gate. OK, it's kinda cool if your hands are full, but there is the loudest, most annoying beeping to warn you it's going up and down. Sounds like you're about to get run over by a garbage truck. Anybody know where the thing is so I can unplug it? I looked inside the door, but no luck. Didn't wanna start pulling wires off :D

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Cannot help you with that as the 06 did not have that great feature. Would like to add it if it ever becomes availbale as an option.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
There's a beeper in the door or side panel somewhere, probably integrated into the lift mechanism.

I wouldn't try to disable it, its there to warn the uninitiated/unaware/uneducated members of society that the door's about to open and close. Yes, children are included by default as they're still in the learning stages of life. Sadly, 90% of the adult population's also on that list.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd get rid of that noise myself. However, I do think there needs to be a warning before my glass pops open in the back. If I wanted, and there was someone behind my 06 Commander, I could knock them out by opening the back glass with my key fob.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The Power Liftgate Chime is part of the License Plate Lamp assembly. hope that helps...

·
Registered
106 Posts
The electronic noise from kids toys can be reduced by putting hot glue on the speaker. A dab on the liftgate beeper might make the noise a little more bearable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I thought it sounded like it was in the license plate light housing, but wanted to know for sure before I tried to take that whole door apart.
I don't think anyone's gonna be crushed by this gate moving slower than molasses. My son's girlfriend smashed his head with it the other day when she pulled it down manually :) . I think he wished it was closing it's self at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts