Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install these themselves on the base modle? I am trying to put a pair on but can't figure out how to get the anchor for the bolt in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bumping this back to the top as I would also like to know if these are easy to put on. If I go ahead and fit my Thule rack to the top of my GC, it would be nice to have them.

And yes...you can order them....

http://www.justforjeeps.com/xkcopa.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are two bolts and anchors that hold them on along with the clips. I've pulled just about everything out and still can not figure out how to get the anchors in. I'll let you know if I make some progress. Would have been nice if they just put the threads on the truck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I purchased the chrome side panels, rear handles, and the tailgate piece.Had them painted and all installed yesterday.The door panels and easy push in, but the tailgate and the handles couldnt bring myself to do, so went to the dealer and they installed them for $150, not bad really, for the drilling and prying.I'll try to post pics....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sounds like nutsert rivets, you can buy a special rivet gun for them or just use a nut and bolt to install them. Find a bolt that fits, put a nut on the bolt, put the bolt in the rivet. Drill your hole and put the rivet in the hole with the nut and bold. Put a wrench on tthe nut to hold it, and tighten the bolt until the rivet crushes into place. They can be a royal PITA, especially on really thin sheetmetal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
indo said:
The door panels and easy push in,QUOTE]

How do you remove the old ones, just pry them off? and is it like adhesive that holes them or do they lock into place with some type of method?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I started by prying them off, and then they just pop off.Then when putting the new panel on ,those pins you see are just push in and pop(they just "pop" in).There's a lil adhesive, very minimal, in my opinion not enough.

·
Registered
31 Posts
woops sorry didnt answer your question, theres 3-4 little push in clips.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered a set and they should be here friday. I will try to take some step by step pictures while I am installing and will post when I am done. I plan to black out the chrome part of the handles somehow as I am not a big fan of the chrome and think they will look out of place as the only chrome part on the vehicle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Its a great mod, I bought chrome handles,door panels, rear handles and the tailgate piece, and had them all painted body color.Its a great looking exterior mod.Definetly recommend it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also purchased the rear handles and tailgate chrome latch. I would reallly appreciate ANY info for the installation of these items.

1 - 20 of 173 Posts