Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken delivery of my Commander and whilst playing with it I flicked the rear (2nd row) seats forward. The headrests flopped down and I can not get them to return to the original upright position. How do you do this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You should lift up the seat into its locked position then push the head rest back and it should lock in place. I like to keep mine in the down position until someone sits there. Allows for better rear vision.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Make sure the seat is locked into position, first at the lower portion locked into the floor, then the upper portion locked upright into the side of the interior, then the headrest should lock into the upright position.

Perhaps the mechanisms are sticking. I'd pull the lever and fold it down again and then raise it again locking into each position. Make sure the lever has returned to its original locked position, and make sure the shoulder belt hasn't gotten caught in the clasp of the upper portion of the seat that locks into the side of the interior.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like to keep mine in the down position until someone sits there. Allows for better rear vision.

A little off topic, but good idea!

(can't really contribute to what hasn't been said)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts