Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was carrying some large stuff in the back of my Commander and it hit the rear heat/AV vents. I'd like to replace it, does anyone know the part name / number? If someone has replaced this is it easy? I have the service manual but do not want to spend hours to look it up:frown2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Searching the service manual the part is called "air outlet" Have yet to see the replace instructions!

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Typical me - searched the service manual and found the replace "Air Outlets". There is one for the front ones and different for the rear ones - I'll attach both. The rear is much easier than the front (remove dash!)
Still need to decide new or used? Used the plastic will be brittle, new better.

Attachments

Reactions: Kemmer

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might have a spare one. Will let you know.
One needed, the two assembly for the passenger side would be great. Probably left and right sides are the same. Color is Lt Graystone - picture in post #1

·
Registered
161 Posts
I might have a spare one. Will let you know.
One needed, the two assembly for the passenger side would be great. Probably left and right sides are the same. Color is Lt Graystone - picture in post #1
I got one I think it's the right color, will pm you in just a sec.

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got one I think it's the right color, will pm you in just a sec.
Thanks to heffercow, he sold me one out of his donnor Commander. Color matches and was a simple job to replace.
Looks and works great.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks to heffercow, he sold me one out of his donnor Commander. Color matches and was a simple job to replace.
Looks and works great.
+1 to @heffercow he sold me one too :)

Glad I could help! But sadly I am not out of rear vents, so anyone else who stumbles upon this, may you have good luck in your search!

·
Administrator
6,271 Posts
i was carrying some large stuff in the back of my Commander and it hit the rear heat/AV vents. I'd like to replace it, does anyone know the part name / number? If someone has replaced this is it easy? I have the service manual but do not want to spend hours to look it up:frown2:
Knocked mine out once but I was able to put it back in place, as nothing was actually broken.

·
Registered
161 Posts
if someone has the rear vent in Dk Slate (looks black to me), please PM me - I would like to discuss buying one
Yep that's the one I need as well. Was going to try and pain one of these but then figured it wasn't worth trying to match. If I come across any I will let you know!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts