Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site and found a lot of good info here, thanks. Since the bar at the top is asking me to post some I guess i will. How does the rear heat work? I mean is it an extension of the up front stuff or is it a seperate system ?

·
Registered
451 Posts
It seem separate. The button on the dash only enables/disables the rear system. The controls are in the third row passenger side

·
Registered
192 Posts
JJSEBASTIAN said:
The button on the dash only enables/disables the rear system. The controls are in the third row passenger side
Yes, which is a Pi$$-Poor design! Front or even middle seat passengers cannot even adjust it! The driver has to pull over to the side of the road, get out and go to the rear to adjust it, and then HOPE he/she got it somewhat clost to what is needed! Terrible!:confused:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yea I hate that too. I usually have it off anyway. It should be like the mini-vans where the front has the control and there is a position to give control to the rear seat passengers.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
sgilbert said:
Yes, which is a Pi$$-Poor design! Front or even middle seat passengers cannot even adjust it! The driver has to pull over to the side of the road, get out and go to the rear to adjust it, and then HOPE he/she got it somewhat clost to what is needed! Terrible!:confused:
What's so terrible about that? If someone is sitting back there, they can adjust it. If not, it isn't needed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
RedCommander said:
What's so terrible about that? If someone is sitting back there, they can adjust it. If not, it isn't needed.
Oh yes they do! I use rear heat in winter to warm up the car faster; and rear air in summer to cool the car off faster. In this instance only, I only need to adjust the rear twice/year. However, both are on "max". With rear passengers, it's a totally different ball game!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I use it in the winter to help defrost the windows in back. I just have it set somewhere in the middle range and leave it alone. On/Off up front is good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I have never turned mine on, but are you saying that if the driver turns in on that the back row passenger cannot just turn the knob and adjust it to thier comfort level? Why on earth would the driver have to stop to adjust thier heat level?

·
Registered
192 Posts
a49erFootballFan said:
I have never turned mine on, but are you saying that if the driver turns in on that the back row passenger cannot just turn the knob and adjust it to thier comfort level? Why on earth would the driver have to stop to adjust thier heat level?
Back row passengers CAN access it, but NOT middle seat passengers--if any. Besides, my middle seat passengers are usually too stupid to know what they are doing. :eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
My 5 year old is smart enough to adjust it from the 3rd row.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts