Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual says when using the rear heat/air, not to block the vent near the floor in the third row of seats, or it will overheat the blower motor. Can I leave the seats down? or will it block the little vent. I can't see chit with the third row up, but I like the extra fast warm up inside in the mornings.

What say y'all?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I had my seats removed for a while, but when they were in I always used that rear air with the seats down, and never had a problem....but maybe I WAS damaging the motor? I haven't had a problem yet, but to be safe, maybe follow the manual?
Anyone else??
-Hemi

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Same here, I always run the rear HVAC with the seats down, no problems yet.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Good question, but I think they mean not to stuff "things" in front of the vents, like jackets, sweatshirts, towels......you know...."stuff".I dont think they would design a third row with that kind of restriction in mind. Better to be safe than sorry! -43:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Rear Blower Motor

I am sure if you put the blower in the side vent only position it should be fine. That way the floor blower is not open.

·
Registered
84 Posts
IF you think about it all your doing by switching the vents to upper only is closing a damper. That would be equal to blocking the vent. I don't see why it would be a problem either way, but I guess they put things in the manual for a reason. I never read it so I have always kept my seat down for hauling the dogs or hunting equipment. I don't guess I have the blower back there on high anyway and most of the time it is off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts