Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace all of the rear light bulbs on my 2007 Commander with LED's (brake, turn signal, reverse, license plate, and 3rd brake).

My question is, are the replacement LED bulbs "plug and play" or is there any other wiring or electronic modifications that need to be made in order for them to work properly?

Also, for anyone who has done this mod, could you point me in the direction of where you purchased your LED's and which part numbers you used?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I would stay away from replacing just your bulbs with LED bulbs. I personally have never seen a set that works properly. Your Third brake light is already LED. Do a search on Ebay for Jeep Commander Eagle Eyes LED tail lights and you can get a brind new set there. They are a complete tail light housing replacement and they are a plug and play install that takes less then 15 minutes. I have these and have been very please with the brightness. Much better then stock IMO.

I also dont recommend replacing your reverse lights with LED's.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I would like to replace all of the rear light bulbs on my 2007 Commander with LED's (brake, turn signal, reverse, license plate, and 3rd brake).

My question is, are the replacement LED bulbs "plug and play" or is there any other wiring or electronic modifications that need to be made in order for them to work properly?

Also, for anyone who has done this mod, could you point me in the direction of where you purchased your LED's and which part numbers you used?

Thanks in advance.
AutoZone sells the LED bulbs. You have to know your bulb numbers for cross reference. I thought about trying these - that is a far as I got! If you opt for just the bulbs, let us know how they work! :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I tried the bulbs from Advanced/Auto Zone; worthless. I am still searching for a bulb to power through my tinted taillights, and these are the two options I think could work, I just don't know how much the mod means to me financially:

http://shop.3bspecialties.com/3BSpec-3157-4157-3-Watt-10-Flux-Bulb-Red-pr-LED3157-3W10Flux-R.htm

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/Brake-Light-LED/Red-LED/V-LEDS-RED-V-STAR-M-SMT-p6472879.html

Anyways, a few standalone (+resistor) bulbs for your consideration.

·
Registered
707 Posts
If you do use LED's for your turn signals, you will have to use resistors or the bulbs will flash rapidly (hyper flash).

Kansas1230: V-LEDS offer even brighter brake lights that emit up to 320 lumens.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Kansas1230: V-LEDS offer even brighter brake lights that emit up to 320 lumens.
That would be awesome. Chances you know a part number? I just scrolled through there and must have missed it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I know the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Commander use a different type of lights; I believe 3157 SRCK. I am not 100% sure on this so if I was you, I would e-mail V-LEDS and they would be happy to help. Plus they are running a 20% off sell off of everything!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a set of Putco LED 360 bulbs I put in for my reverse lights and have not had any problems at all, they are very bright and I love the way they look. I've been considering the brake lights but haven't talked myself into trying them yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts