Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of carefully backing up to the boat trailer, I goofed this week and put a small dent in the plastic bumper cover materiel. I feel I could pop out the small dent if I could get my fingers up under the plastic, but its just high enough and to the left of the black plastic shroud over the trailer hitch that I cannot get a finger on it.

I see that there are 4 plastic panel hold snaps (2 on each side) and I've been able to pull these out, but it still doesn't give enough. Next I pulled a little and can see where the tab "A" into slot "B" underneath is, but it looks like I need to unsnap something else.

Anyone have experience with removing this piece and think they can walk me through semi removal would sure be appreciated.

KKKKFL

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm starting to think you arent a person but a highly advanced forum search bot. You must have every thread memorized........... :eek:rangehat:
jeep5253 is the search master. He is like Jedi!:bowdown:

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
I'm starting to think you arent a person but a highly advanced forum search bot. You must have every thread memorized........... :eek:rangehat:
BigPoppaJNutZ said:
jeep5253 is the search master. He is like Jedi!:bowdown:
:IThankYou:
Now if I could just find a way to make money doing it...:D

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i did the same thing this summer. i but a large dent in the rear bumper. mine popped out by itself. you could try taking a hair dryer to the bumper to get it to pop back. it might just pop back all on its own.

After years of carefully backing up to the boat trailer, I goofed this week and put a small dent in the plastic bumper cover materiel. I feel I could pop out the small dent if I could get my fingers up under the plastic, but its just high enough and to the left of the black plastic shroud over the trailer hitch that I cannot get a finger on it.

I see that there are 4 plastic panel hold snaps (2 on each side) and I've been able to pull these out, but it still doesn't give enough. Next I pulled a little and can see where the tab "A" into slot "B" underneath is, but it looks like I need to unsnap something else.

Anyone have experience with removing this piece and think they can walk me through semi removal would sure be appreciated.

KKKKFL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts