Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
My rear pinion seal is leaking (v8 5.7), and want to replace it. I jumped online to get one. I see two brands, The National 710480, and the Timken TM710480. Anybody Advice on them? Timken better than National? Or what is the best for my 5.7 out 2007?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I think either or will be fine. Is there a price difference?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello!
My rear pinion seal is leaking (v8 5.7), and want to replace it. I jumped online to get one. I see two brands, The National 710480, and the Timken TM710480. Anybody Advice on them? Timken better than National? Or what is the best for my 5.7 out 2007?
The seal at the local dealer 60 Dollar:wave:, Timken 23 Dollar ebay, National 16 Dollar ebay.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i usually do my own maintenance, but i didn't have the proper tools for this job so, i went to my dealer for the rear pinion seal a couple days ago and to my suprise it was quite reasonable, I know shocker. The total was $123 for everything. The seal was $24 and the labor is $99 per hour, one hour of labor plus the seal. The other dealer in my city is a rip off they wanted like 250 for the job :icon_lol: haha i don't think so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My pinion seal is leaking in my '10 Commander. Has anyone on here ever changed one? The only pinion seal I've changed was on my older Mopars' 8 3/4 rear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts