Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just popped into my head and I figured I would ask while it was on my mind. I have an 06 Sport. I noticed while camping this past fall that when I went to plug in my power inverter into the rear power outlet (in the hatch area) that I wasn't getting any power. I tried it first with the vehicle off and then with the vehicle running and same result, no power.

I used the front one in my dash and was able to get power from there. Does the rear outlet work the same as the front one? On or off or does the vehicle have to be on for it to function? I bought the Jeep used/certified so I don't know if it did work at one point or not but I figured most people never would use it so it may not have been noticed by the prior owner.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Fuse panel under dash to left of steering wheel: Cavity #4, 20 amp yellow. Ignition does not have to be on to work. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
417 Posts
I know on the LX cars that you can move a jumper in the fuse box to have the outlets come on all the time or only when the ignition is on. If it doesn't work at all - most likely a fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts