Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Commander with the RER NAV radio and rear screen. I have been trying to find a way to change the sirius sat radio stations from the rear remote and all it ever says on the rear screen is 'updating channels' and the 'direct tune' button is blacked out. I get the sat audio fine, but even if the front is playing a CD, ipod etc you cannot change the sirius radio channels from the rear. I can do everything else from the rear remote, HDD, AM, FM etc, but on sat its said 'updating channels' for two weeks now.

The manuals for this are all on DVD (I kinda miss a paper book) and I cant find anything that mentions anything about it. Here is a pic of what it displays, if I turn the front unit off or put it in a different mode the little 's' with the arrows under it on the upper RH side goes away but nothing else changes.

Any ideas? I'm sure I'm missing something and its not that big of a deal, just annoying..

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I don't know if anyone here can help you with that because I think you are the first here with a 2010.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know if anyone here can help you with that because I think you are the first here with a 2010.
I didnt know if they changed anything from the '08s or '09s on the radios. I wouldnt have even noticed it except one of my kids was in the back and mentioned he couldnt change the sirius channels. Dealer didnt have a clue..

On a side note, Jeep says printed owners manuals are available by request.
They did not indicate if there would be a charge.

Like you, I'd rather sit with the manual on my lap in the vehicle and sort out the features.

Rob
Most likely the printed manual wont help either, I finally found the directions in the separate uconnect manual on the DVD, it just says if the front radio isnt on sat you should be able to control it and see the sat channel numbers from the rear.

Its not that big of a deal, just this radio/dvd/nav can be a little overwhelming. It will play the sat radio through the headphones, just cant see or what channels or control it from the rear.

·
Registered
258 Posts
thats sweet...you can do AM/FM AND Sirius in the rear at the same time. I have an 07...can only do one for both headsets. But hey...I still think the "old school" system is pretty cool in the 07s.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats sweet...you can do AM/FM AND Sirius in the rear at the same time. I have an 07...can only do one for both headsets. But hey...I still think the "old school" system is pretty cool in the 07s.

You can listen any of the front modes separately on the rear. You can control them as well as long as the front unit isnt controlling it. Its a pretty nice system really, the sat TV is pretty cool as well but only three kid channels kind of limits it a bit - but the kids like it.

I just wish the NAV maps were a little more up to date for something in a 2010 car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts