Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace the rear shocks on my 2009 5.7 with 4" Superlift. I was wondering what the best option is for this setup? I was looking at some Monroe Sensa-Trac Rear Load Adjusting Shock.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I would think longer shocks would be better, the only longer shocks I'm aware of are the Bilstein 5100's. There are more knowledgeable folks about lifts on this forum than I, so hopefully they will post.

If you're lift in the rear is only taller springs, or worse pucks, you've only traded rebound for jounce. I'm pretty sure the limiter for rear suspension jounce travel is the shock, i.e. a longer shock will actually get you more suspension travel in the rear.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have to replace the rear shocks on my 2009 5.7 with 4" Superlift. I was wondering what the best option is for this setup? I was looking at some Monroe Sensa-Trac Rear Load Adjusting Shock.
Specifically which MLL? The F150 version is about 3" longer than the stock length replacement version, but that is still not long enough for a 4" lift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Specifically which MLL? The F150 version is about 3" longer than the stock length replacement version, but that is still not long enough for a 4" lift.
What is MLL? Sorry new to the whole Lift Kit thing. It was on the truck when i bought it. 4" lift all the way around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts