Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i don't mean to bring up an old subject about rear spoilers, but has anyone installed one on their commander? I did a search and couldn't find a pic of one, so if someone out their has one can you please post a pic.

If no one has one maybe YB can modify one to show us what it would look like. (lol your the man when it comes to mods)

I've come to the harsh realization that i won't be doing much off-road in my commander :( so i might as well turn it into a street ride. So many great looking commanders out their so keep posting pics of all your after market modifications.

Thanks everyone.....TESTA23

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry everyone i don't mean a rear spoiler like a wing spoiler that you find on nissan's or toyota's, i'm talking about the rear window spoiler....sorry i'll be more specific next time.....

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Sorry never seen one :(

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
testa23 said:
sorry everyone i don't mean a rear spoiler like a wing spoiler that you find on nissan's or toyota's, .....
Hey, what do you have against my Toyota's rear spoiler?

BTW, I think a rear spoiler would probably look funny on a Commander. The blocky styling seems to work better without a spoiler. Besides, I don't really think the rear spoiler is functional, but just for looks. Some of the guys on the 4Runner forums don't agree, but I think they're kidding themselves.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
I haven't seen a Commander with one or one that is made for the Commander.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TR4Runner said:
Hey, what do you have against my Toyota's rear spoiler?

BTW, I think a rear spoiler would probably look funny on a Commander. The blocky styling seems to work better without a spoiler. Besides, I don't really think the rear spoiler is functional, but just for looks. Some of the guys on the 4Runner forums don't agree, but I think they're kidding themselves.

nothing against the toyota's my man, that's something i was looking for or something like this.......rear wind deflector.....

what i don't want is one of those crazy ass looking spoliers like people put on there trucks.....example......

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
dh63269 said:
What is the purpose of this thing?
It's supposed to blow the rain and dirt off the window.

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
CrzCajun said:
It's supposed to blow the rain and dirt off the window.
But doesn't do it very well.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone for the feed back......wasn't trying to keep the back window clean with the rear spoiler, thought i may just add a different look....

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
testa23 said:
thanks everyone for the feed back......wasn't trying to keep the back window clean with the rear spoiler, thought i may just add a different look....
I say go for it, We all have things we do and don't like, but it's your rig! Who knows you might start a trend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts