Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my JC is still in the shop getting repaired due to my attacking weedwhacker. should have it back today. i just turned 9000 miles before i dropped it off and i have scheduled an appointment tomorrow for an oil change. i forgot to mention to them about the squeeking in the right rear from the spring insulator. is this something they would need to know about in advance or can i just tell them about it when i show up? i guess there is a TSB on this. if they can't fix it tomorrow then i can re-schedule for that but i like to do everything at once. or maybe i could wait till next oil change if i just turn the stereo up:D .

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep. i guess theres a TSB on it. i think they said its a spring insulator. it shouldn't take long for them to replace it. mine is the right rear.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can anyone tell me about the fan blower problem? Mine doesn't seem to run very fast on auto...low (I know that's on low but it is really low). I previously had a Tahoe and it was all digital dual control. This seems to not change the temp very fast with it in low. I am also confused about the dual control.... is it always dual control and you have to set both sides or is there an override to just use the driver site temp? I also notice my air conditioning shows running when it should be throwing heat... my Grand Prix does the same thing. I usually push the button and the light goes out and heat is on but I have wondered why the air comes on when the temp is cold outside and you are heating.... I must be missing something. I would think there would be an auto switch that changes the temp at higher fan speeds until it get's it close and then slows down automatically.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can anyone tell me about the fan blower problem?
The Fan Blower Problem I was having was when I put the Blower on HIGH it would make a sound like my Commander was an F-16 Fighter Jet. It was a really loud vibration noise. I believe others have had similar problems to yours, but I haven't experienced this issue. Check the Service thread, might find something in there about this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts