Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The results are amazing!

i've had these parts to lower the rear brake lines for about 2 months now. i bought them from superlift. since no one makes longer brake lines right now, this was the route i went. it cost me $40 with shipping.

before pic

after pic

·
2,248 Posts
Looking good. Lots of articulation. Was the brake line the only limiting factor in getting that much more drop?

What is that in the background? Oh its daylight.......go build us some bumpers, then you can play....LOL

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here is what i did.

i had to cut the gas tank to clear the suspension. but the arm still hits it. i'm going to build a different arm.

these are the brackets that relocate the rear brake lines.

here they are installed.

gas tank skid plate trimmed

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the brake lines will get ripped off.

the only limiting factors are-
*brake lines
*stock shocks
*gas tank skid plate- i still need to fix that with a different arm.

HueyPilotVN said:
Looking good. Lots of articulation. Was the brake line the only limiting factor in getting that much more drop?

What is that in the background? Oh its daylight.......go build us some bumpers, then you can play....LOL

i'm amazed at the amount of suspension travel there is in the rear end.

i drove around with the sway bar unhooked in the rear. it wasn't bad at all. its just a little more loose in the rear around corners. off road the ride is 100% better, more suspension travel, smoother ride!

the downsides, your springs may fall out if you go to far. i just have the 2" spacer lift. i'm going to eventually purchase the OME 2" lift. i also have 12" bilstien shocks out back. i never did find out how much further the back will drop. i need longer bump stops to keep the wheel from ripping off the rear fender flare.

thats about it.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Damn, that has some great travel! Looking good!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Awesome 4.7! Thanks for being the guinea pig with this. The results are amazing!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Nice. I so cant wait till I get my OME lift now and get some BFG KM2's on. Hopefully that happens before our trip in September but im not sure if ill be able to do it in time. When are you going to start making the rock sliders that replace that molding on the side of the Commander.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm working on the rockergaurds still. i'm on my 3rd try now. it sucks because everytime i start and get about half way through i have a better idea. this is the design i'm sticking with. they should be finished in a week or two.

07JeepXK said:
Nice. I so cant wait till I get my OME lift now and get some BFG KM2's on. Hopefully that happens before our trip in September but im not sure if ill be able to do it in time. When are you going to start making the rock sliders that replace that molding on the side of the Commander.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Awsome! Once installed they will totally replace the plastic rocker panels that are on their now correct? Also will you be able to see the pinch welds behind them?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
That looks great, now you have to put it together in a kit for those of us who are not as mechanical.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes. they will replace the plastic rocker gaurds. i'll have the support structure finsihed tonight. this will be very strong. then i will skin the support structure to look similar to the plastic rocker covers. they will cover the pinch weld as well.

07JeepXK said:
Awsome! Once installed they will totally replace the plastic rocker panels that are on their now correct? Also will you be able to see the pinch welds behind them?

·
Registered
807 Posts
4.7, did you just disconnect the rear swaybar? or did you test the front too? on the other thread about "swaybar disconnects"

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4945&highlight=sway

that we had a while back you mentioned you may test this all out. I was just wondering if you even tried it in the front and how you did it. did you just unbolt it or take the drop down arm off it?

Any one know if you just unhook the front swaybar will the brake lines be ok as they are?

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that was just with the rear disconnected from the sway bar. i can't seem to find any disconnects in production that i can use.

my wife drove the jeep yesterday without the sway bar connected in the rear. she said she couldn't tell a difference. i think its mostly due to the shock valving i have. they firm up the ride a lot on the road.

ped4599 said:
4.7, did you just disconnect the rear swaybar? or did you test the front too? on the other thread about "swaybar disconnects"

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4945&highlight=sway

that we had a while back you mentioned you may test this all out. I was just wondering if you even tried it in the front and how you did it. did you just unbolt it or take the drop down arm off it?

Any one know if you just unhook the front swaybar will the brake lines be ok as they are?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
4.7, do you know the travel distance of the OME shocks? is it like your bilstien shocks?

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm not sure. i would find out the amount of travel the shocks have. then you can determine how much travel they would give you.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Very nice, man. A few days ago, I remember looking at your sig pic and being curious as to how you were able to get that much droop from the rear. Good stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts