1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Limo tint the last two rows and the rear window... I can hardly see into the back of my XK...

Yeah, I'm debating about that; the previous link that showed some sort of 'brown box' was not gettin on my good taste buds. It's a bummer Jeep just now decided to provide some sort of security for our belongings in the rear. Tough part about dark/limo tint... is backing up in dark areas and reversing sorta blindly w/ just the park assist helping. Thanks though...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Am I missing something? I see them talk about it, but I'm not seeing a picture of where it's located, what it looks like when it's covered, etc.
From the description, it looks more like window drapes for the two rear quarter glass panels (something you can probably get from your local walmart w/ suction cups instead). That's all I can see from it... makes me wonder, but I still wasn't expecting something like that.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Yeah, I'm debating about that; the previous link that showed some sort of 'brown box' was not gettin on my good taste buds. It's a bummer Jeep just now decided to provide some sort of security for our belongings in the rear. Tough part about dark/limo tint... is backing up in dark areas and reversing sorta blindly w/ just the park assist helping. Thanks though...
Do all Commanders come with the rear parking sensors?
I know mine has them, it's the Limited, and it helps backing up, that's for sure.

The tint isn't that dark in the back to be honest! I have had a lot darker in the past...

(And please note, this is not photoshopped in any way at all...!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Am I missing something? I see them talk about it, but I'm not seeing a picture of where it's located, what it looks like when it's covered, etc.
Yeah, I had a good look over it last night, and was expecting some sort of 'roller cover' on the top of all the 'stuff' in the trunk, level with the backs of the rear seats, but I see nothing like that.

I say we all keep a black bed sheet in the little cargo net on the left side and then just drape it over stuff in the back so prying eyes can't see.

When done, just fold up the black bed sheet and stow it away in the cargo net at the side again.

Job done. Merry Christmas for everyone that way!

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
Do all Commanders come with the rear parking sensors?
I know mine has them, it's the Limited, and it helps backing up, that's for sure.

The tint isn't that dark in the back to be honest! I have had a lot darker in the past...

(And please note, this is not photoshopped in any way at all...!!)
Yes, they all have the parking sensors.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Along these same lines, my driveway isn't all that steep, but on grocery trips cans or bottles that came out of their bags would roll out as soon as the rear door was raised. Although its not the most aesthetic I cut a 2x4 to fit across the back. Works great, and If I wanted, I could toss a blanket I keep in the back over Rifles, packages or other truck I don't want casual observers to see.

KKKKFL

·
Registered
576 Posts
Along these same lines, my driveway isn't all that steep, but on grocery trips cans or bottles that came out of their bags would roll out as soon as the rear door was raised. Although its not the most aesthetic I cut a 2x4 to fit across the back. Works great, and If I wanted, I could toss a blanket I keep in the back over Rifles, packages or other truck I don't want casual observers to see.

KKKKFL
That happened to me too... a new fridgepack of Dr Pepper took a nose dive out of the Jeep as soon as I touched the tailgate and opened it.

I simply reversed that movable tray thingy, so the lip was at the back of the Jeep, thus stopping things falling out. And then I bought an OEM cargo net off eBay for $25. Job done!

·
Registered
86 Posts
That happened to me too... a new fridgepack of Dr Pepper took a nose dive out of the Jeep as soon as I touched the tailgate and opened it.
I lost a few beers that way. :ugh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts