Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help, my rear window washer hose broke off where it goes into the tail-light/spray nozzle. I got about a foot of replacement hose from Advance Auto Parts, but don't want to tear anything up putting it in.

I am assuming the "rubber boot" type deal attached to the body where the other end of the hose connects will come out, I can take out the broke hose and plug in the new hose as it should be a simple hose connector inside of it?

Has this happened to anyone, i've tried googling for a video/walkthrough but it seems the problem is not really wide-spread enough :(.

Any help appreciated, thank you!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would venture to guess that it's a simple barbed fitting on the tail light itself, and I'm guessing there are no splices from that point all the way to the pump. You should be able to get a male to male barbed fitting and cut the old hose off after the break and splice in from there to the nozzle in the tail light.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! I took off the plastic molding under where it fits in the back-side and found it is indeed one long hose from the front to the rear...I cut off the dry unusable hose, put in the fitting and connected a new hose from advance auto parts that they just gave me for free.

Glad that was a simple fix, if the hose went bad elsewhere I would have a real problem :(.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts